Monday, April 4, 2016

1ST GRADE NEWSLETTER ~ APRIL 11-15, 2016

Religion:  We will review Unit 4 this week.
We will pray the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
Saint of the Week:  Saint Damien

Reading/English:  Unit 10: Research to Build and Present Knowledge:  Write Research Reports
skills:  draw pictures, complete sentence starters, and use notes to compose a research report about rainforest animals, orally present a research report, review unit 10, simple and compound declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences


Spelling:  question words
-pretest Monday
-final test Friday

Spelling Word List: 
where, what, when, who, aren't, which, does, isn't, why, don't, could, would
Math:  Chapter 10:  Represent Data
 skills:  organize, represent, and interpret data in up to three categories, review for chapter 10 test, chapter 10 test, 3-digit + 2-digit addition fluency

Science:  Chapter 9:  Magnets
-talk about what magnets do, make a magnet flip book

Social Studies:  Thomas Jefferson
-talk about Thomas Jefferson-timeline of his life and his accomplishments

Other:

Notes from the Teacher:

 -Thank you so much for the beautiful wind chimes and Miller House cards you gave me in memory of my mom.  That was very thoughtful of you.  My mom loved wind chimes.  This will be such a wonderful remembrance of her every time the wind blows.  I appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers sent my way as well.  This has been a very difficult time for me.  The children have given me so much strength!  Their sweet hugs and “I’m sorry about your mom” kind words have warmed my heart and kept me going!  I am truly blessed!  Thank you all very, very much!

          -I hope you had a wonderful and restful spring break!  

Important Events

Apr. 14- 9:00 Mass
Apr. 15- Beach Day in the Cafeteria Students may bring a beach towel to school to eat lunch on.
Apr. 15- 1:15 Jubilee Jam
Apr. 21- 9:00 Mass
Apr. 25- May 13- MAP Testing
Apr. 28- 9:00 Mass
Apr. 29- Free Dress Day
May 5- 9:00 Mass
May 12- 9:00 Mass
May 17- Primary Election Day- NO SCHOOL
May 19- 9:00 Closing School Mass
May 20-AR Picnic to Legion Park
May 23- Drive In Movie Day-Bring a blanket or towel
to school
May 25- Spring Fling- Inflatables in the GYM